Sunday, December 2, 2007

Bee Movie and Another 'B' Movie

Sunday, November 25, 2007

Late Marriage - 2001 - DVD

Late Marriage was a 2001 Israeli film that landed on my Netflix queue for reasons unknown. It won best everything from the Israeli Film Academy, but I found it just depressing. Though, before I begin to sound hateful of it, I'll stop; it wasn't the movie's fault I wasn't ready (or wanting) to watch it when it came, so I shall reserve criticisms for now.



















Monday, November 26, 2007

Most underwhelming and overhyped movie of the year: Bee Movie. Okay, Transformers was hyped more than Jerry Seinfeld's Bee flick, but I think most of us trusted that Seinfeld would end up with the smarter of the two animated films. Though I haven't seen Transformers to know for sure, the independent polling I took among friends and acquaintances was that Michael Bay's summer blockbuster was surprisingly fun. On the other end of the spectrum, I imagined hilarious and endlessly entertaining consequences for Seinfeld's script, so believe my profound disappointment when the movie turned out to be about not much more than a few jokes of the Seinfeld sort sprinkled throughout a contrived kids' story. The only thing good about the film was Seinfeld himself (as the bee's voice anyway), and I'd rather have him in non-computer animated form on the stand-up stage instead. Bummer, I was excited about this one...

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin