Sunday, April 4, 2010

Hostel


I had been anxiously awaiting this movie, since it right up my alley since Texas Chainsaw Massacre, Saw and Freddy vs. Jason are among some of my favorite movies. I must say, Hostel did not disappoint.The story focuses on 3 male friends who are travelling through Eurpore and looking for women. Told that the former Soviet block is the place to meet the hottest, most willing babes, the guys head into a life-changing (and in some cases ending) experience.Be warned: This is a slasher flick. There is a lot of violence and gore. However, for the most part, it belongs. Though horrifying, the violence was necessary to tell the story in such a way that you identified with the characters. At no point did I find it too excessive. I admit that I did have to hide my eyes and turn away at times but that is mostly because I am a wimp (though I LOVE these types of movies).This movie is not for the faint of heart or weak of stomach. But if you enjoyed Saw, you would enjoy The Hostel. Both are gritty, edgy and willing to explore a side of humanity we all know existence but refuse to acknowledge.
MoviE - CritiC rating - 3.75

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin